We pride ourselves on being a diverse team of rail professionals who are highly experienced, competent and passionate in leading all stages of projects and programmes: from an initial concept of a requirement, through development and delivery phases, right up to handover and opening day.
About This Position
Due to continued planned growth and expansion of our Commercial Team, SLC Rail is looking to recruit Estimators and Senior Estimators with proven experience in Rail and Civil Engineering.
Estimators at SLC Rail support our clients by ensuring effective cost advise leading to optimisation of project decision making at all stages of projects. Working closely with our Engineering, Project Management and wider Commercial Management functions, they provide an essential service for the team and the client.
Our team deliver a wide range of Estimating products and services, to support their decision making, including:
- Order of Magnitude estimates through to Post Tender Project cost plans
- Estimating Assurance
- Bill of Quantities
- Tender Assessment Support.
- Management of the change control process for Cost Plans.
- Report on Economic Analysis/Market Trends to the Head of Commercial
As an Estimator at SLC Rail you will be responsible for:
- Production of accurate, complete estimates and cost plans for projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Control and management of the estimating process at project or Framework level;
- Production of estimates, associated reports and risk registers without management or supervision for sign off.
- Supporting development and promotion of estimating good practice.
- Remain up-to-date with technical standards required to deliver the role.
- Understand, have working knowledge of, and the ability to utilise Standard Methods of Measurement appropriate to the works
- Qualified in Estimating or Quantity Surveying with proven relevant experience
- Previous experience of working with estimating software packages;
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status or working towards
- Desirable membership of RICS / CIOB / ICES
Apply for this job
Fill out the application form below to apply.
"*" indicates required fields
Got any questions about this position?
We regularly recruit to our growing team. Contact us in confidence for an initial conversation - email or call 0121 285 2622.