We pride ourselves on being a diverse team of rail professionals who are highly experienced, competent and passionate in leading all stages of projects and programmes: from an initial concept of a requirement, through development and delivery phases, right up to handover and opening day.
About This Position
We are currently looking to expand our economic appraisal team in our Birmingham office. As a transport modeller, you will be involved with a range of transport modelling projects working on contracts across the UK. You will be working on projects for local authorities and third-party clients and will have responsibility for delivering modelling work following our best practice guidelines. The candidate will be expected to collaborate with a range of internal and external Partners, from Local Authority third party clients.
- Working on strategic rail modelling projects.
- Developing innovative data analytics and modelling tools and apply them in schemes and business cases to show how transport could enable our clients’ strategic transport plans.
- Project and task management on modelling projects to include model development, calibration, validation, demand forecasting and economic appraisal.
- Provide key inputs to the development of business cases and scheme assessments.
- Liaise with clients and other project stakeholders.
- Undertake business development activities including proposal writing and preparation.
- Pension matched up to 6%
- Life insurance
- Competitive annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work
- We embrace agility, flexibility and trust
- You are passionate about the rail network.
- Have in-depth experience of developing within-mode and mode-choice models from first principles and be skilled in the development of robust models to support decision-making.
- Have experience of using rail industry demand and revenue software and interpreting its outputs.
- Have experience of economic appraisal of rail schemes using industry-standard methods.
- Have a high level of numeracy with strong problem-solving skills and innovative thinking.
- Have experience in developing effective working relationships with project teams and clients.
- Have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Qualifications in an appropriate field such as transport planning, engineering, mathematics, computer science, economics, geography or similar.
Apply for this job
Fill out the application form below to apply.
"*" indicates required fields
Got any questions about this position?
We regularly recruit to our growing team. Contact us in confidence for an initial conversation - email or call 0121 285 2622.