We pride ourselves on being a diverse team of rail professionals who are highly experienced, competent and passionate in leading all stages of projects and programmes: from an initial concept of a requirement, through development and delivery phases, right up to handover and opening day.
About This Position
Are you a Project Management professional looking to work on projects that make a difference to our communities? We are looking for Senior Project Managers, to join our project delivery teams to work on our Rail projects. This role involves providing client-side project management support and the senior Project Manager will lead every stage of the project as fully embedded members alongside the client’s team and hold everyone accountable for meeting the project requirements both efficiently and cost effectively whilst maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders and clients in accordance with company procedures and industry standards.
- Act as principal client contact on all aspects of the project. Develop and maintain effective client relationships, monitor client satisfaction levels and respond urgently to any client concerns and ensure improvement plans are developed, implemented and progress is shared with clients.
- To lead and direct the project teams throughout the project life cycle and review method statements and work plans where required, through to ensuing completion.
- Ensure regular effective communication with clients and within the project teams.
- Plan, develop, monitor design, tender and supervise the implementation of projects to the agreed targets and clients’ satisfaction, delivering the projects to time, cost and quality.
- Ensure that projects comply fully with all statutory and regulatory provisions including HMRI, ORR and the CDM Regulations.
- Work closely with Project Engineers in order to ensure client requirements are properly interpreted and reflected in the deliverables of each project.
- Manage and pro-actively mitigate risks to contractual performance and total project delivery, including anticipated problems as well as over-spend and late delivery.
- Develop, complete and keep up to date plans for health, safety, quality and environment. Instigate and manage specific risk assessments (health, safety and environment).
- Ensure project change control procedures are established and adhered to and reported to the client in a timely and effective manner so as to minimise impact on project delivery.
- Ensure project costs are regularly reviewed and invoices are raised on a regular basis.
- Manage handover and close out of projects.
- Some involvement in wider activities may be required as part of the role including; preparing fee estimates, resourcing programmes, identifying and managing risk, undertaking site visits, managing Health & Safety paperwork and assisting in tender processes.
- Prepare project management team resource forecasts for inclusion in the Business Plan following consultation with the Head of Project Development.
- Undertake staff appraisals and one to one reviews on a regular basis identify staff training and development requirements.
We are a fast-growing SME that has made a lasting contribution to rail’s role supporting the UK’s economy, communities and environment, driving over 60 new stations, train service and regeneration schemes which would not have happened without the company’s vision and expertise. As specialists in delivering third-party rail schemes, their ultimate aim is to improve people’s lives by connecting communities and leaving a lasting legacy for generations to come.
Our Offices are based in the heart of the ever-vibrant Brindleyplace in the Centre of Birmingham, the office has been designed with employees in mind. We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from our Birmingham office, a remote location or at a client site, you will be working in an environment where your entrepreneurial spirit will thrive.
Your career path and associated development will be led by you; and, your manager will work with you to identify what you are passionate about, pursuing and creating opportunities to develop and grow with us. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent range of flexible benefits that enhance a great work-life balance as well as well-being programs to support you and your family.
When you join us, you will connect with a range of experts from design and engineering through to project and construction management. SLC Rail’s multidisciplinary specialists lead every stage of the project as fully embedded members alongside their client’s team. They hold everyone accountable for meeting the project requirements both efficiently and cost effectively.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their true selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
- Broad experience delivering complex multi-disciplinary rail projects e.g.: new stations, footbridges, freight depots, car parks, feasibility studies, including a sound understanding of civil, structures and permanent way projects
- Experience managing people and teams
- Experience of working with client-side project, either directly or through a co-location/secondment arrangement and working as part of integrated, multi-organisation, collaborative teams
- Highly motivated with entrepreneurial spirit
- Relationship building skills –ability to build strong relationships with clients, teams, and stakeholders as well as an ability to build and maintain networks of business contacts.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in administration of NEC3 contracts
- Possess a construction or other technical related degree, preferably in engineering or project management, or a minimum of HNC in a construction related discipline e.g. Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying
Apply for this job
Fill out the application form below to apply.
"*" indicates required fields
Got any questions about this position?
We regularly recruit to our growing team. Contact us in confidence for an initial conversation - email or call 0121 285 2622.